When To Add Color To Marshmellow Fondant?

Decorating By pkpooh21 Updated 14 Jun 2009 , 5:14am by pkpooh21

pkpooh21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkpooh21 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 7:13pm
post #1 of 6

I've never made fondant before, and was going to give a recipe on here a try (T's Marshmellow Fondant).. So, what I need to know is WHEN to add the coloring to it.. Thanks for any and all help..

Pam

5 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 6

Well I've done it 2 different ways. If I want to color the entire batch one color then I add some color to the melted marshmallows before I begin adding the PS....then if I need it darker I add more.

If I want a few different colors from 1 batch then I make the MMF, wrap it and let it rest. When I'm ready to use it I knead the color in (wear gloves, it's messy) until I get the color I need. Remembering that it will darken as it sits, same as butter cream.

Either way works pretty well.

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 6

You can add it to the melted marshmallow before you add the sugar if you want the whole batch that color. Or, you can add it to small amounts after it is made...just kneed it into a small amount of fondant. If you are working on things that need just small amounts of a lot of colors...this is the way to go....and it will keep a long time sealed up properly.

karilove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karilove Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 7:42pm
post #4 of 6

that is the same way i did it.. adding the color after the fondant was made.

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 7:46pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by karilove

that is the same way i did it.. adding the color after the fondant was made.

Ditto I alwasy do it that way. I find it , thats itd more manageable if you are gonna work with several colors if not then add color when melting the marshmellows but I have never done it that way.

pkpooh21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkpooh21 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 5:14am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all the replys and help.. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%