Rose-Coloured Cake Glasses

Decorating By mcaulir Updated 13 Jun 2009 , 1:39pm by funcakes

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 4:35am
post #1 of 5

Since becoming moderately obsessed with this site not that long ago, I've been seeing everything in my life through cake glasses.

My friend bought a house - I've got a housewarming cake planned in my head. Another friend has just gotton pregnant - I've got a baby shower cake planned.

You know - IF either of these events actually take place, and IF I'm invited! I think I'm more excited about the cake I might make than the news. icon_smile.gif

Of course I won't be offended if I wasn't asked - have hardly made any cakes - my brain just seems to do it automatically. Anyone else with this problem?

4 replies
Melchas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melchas Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 4:46am
post #2 of 5

I hear you! I actually woke up in the middle of the night thinking about the design of a golf cake I am doing in three weeks. It was 4am and I couldn't go back to sleep...thinkin' I could do it this way, no this way. LOL, I think I have a problem.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 12:49pm
post #3 of 5

Soon you'll start walking through clothing stores and noticing all the beautiful fabric patterns that would look fabulous as a cake pattern! icon_lol.gif Welcome to the world of caking! icon_biggrin.gif

And Melchas, haven't you learned how to DREAM your cake designs yet?? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif It will save you a lot of sleepless nights - hee hee! icon_lol.gif

ericaplh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaplh Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 1:10pm
post #4 of 5

that's ok...I told my husband a few weeks ago that it's really sad that when I put toothpaste on my toothbrush, I actually pipe it on like a border...Now that's sad!!!! icon_lol.gif

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 1:39pm
post #5 of 5

I hear you!
The other night my friend took me to a place called Let's Dish. Recipes are posted and you put the ingredients in a bag then freeze it at home for quick weekday meals.
I could not pay attention. I kept saying to my friend-Wow! Imagine this all set up for cakes and cupcakes. Different baked items would be at the station with directions and people could come in and make cakes with different fillings, toppings, buttercream/fondant, premade gumpaste and royal icing flowers/decorations.
Friend rolls eyes-yeah I'm a cake dork.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%