How Old Is This Pan!?

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 13 Jun 2009 , 8:20pm by grama_j

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 2:32am
post #1 of 8

My husband is so great! icon_biggrin.gif Today he came home with a new pan for me from a garage sale...but I don't know how old it is! I've never seen it before! It's a black Wilton pan...I can see the inscribing on the inside, middle of the pan and it's an 11x15x2. Like I said it's black and it has really crisp corners, not like the new ones. The pan also has these pieces of metal that are folded to the outside of the pan on the opening (top)..like a quarter of an inch...and it looks like the long sides have 2 holes in these edges for something to be screwed into it. *shrugs*

anyone know how old this thing is? (i'm sure not that old icon_razz.gif ) I'm just curious
LL
LL

7 replies
step0nmi Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 8

*bump*

anyone have an idea? even if it's not that old...I would just like to know! ;D

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 8

I bet the edges are so a lid can slide onto it. I have one that is similar. They are great for brownies.

tink986201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tink986201 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 8

My guess is the 80's

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 3:53pm
post #5 of 8

I looked in a 1984 Wilton yearbook--not in there. My next oldest is 1989--the pan is in there under Ovencraft pans, but it's not black, and it doesn't have the holes. I'm not a fan of the black pans--cakes seem to overbake..

step0nmi Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 4:33pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannem

I looked in a 1984 Wilton yearbook--not in there. My next oldest is 1989--the pan is in there under Ovencraft pans, but it's not black, and it doesn't have the holes. I'm not a fan of the black pans--cakes seem to overbake..

oooh! so, is this pan a different kind of metal then?

Thank you for looking that up! thumbs_up.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 8:12pm
post #7 of 8

If you go over to the Wilton board and page a poster by the name of JeanneG, I'm positive she can tell you. She wrote a book about pans so she is an expert at this stuff.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 8:20pm
post #8 of 8

I'm thinking the holes are used to hang the pan rather than put it in the cupboard...
The last pan I got from Wilton just about a year ago, lookssomething like that ..... mine does NOT have the holes nor is it black, but DOES have the very sharp corners, and edges.... mine is a 12" square.....
You can see it here.... looks like a Fat Dadios....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%