Cannoli Shells...

Decorating By JCE62108 Updated 13 Jun 2009 , 10:28pm by JCE62108

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 9:07pm
post #1 of 5

Since Im here, I just thought of something I wanted to ask you guys.

If you have made cannoli's before, is it pretty easy to make the shells at home, or really not worth it? Do you prefer the pre-packaged shells? I didnt realize they were fried until the other day. That kind of seems messy, but I dont think Ive ever had a fresh cannoli shell so if its good Ill do it. Also do you know how long the shells keep?

4 replies
justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 2:41am
post #2 of 5

I make my own. They are very easy. I don't know how long they keep as I use them within days.

Michellet62260 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michellet62260 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 5

The bakery I work at gets them in already fried in a big box and we just bake them for about 10 minutes. They seem to keep forever if you have them in an airtight container.Not sure about homemade since store bought ones always have some sort of shelf life extender in them.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 1:40pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by justducky

I make my own. They are very easy. I don't know how long they keep as I use them within days.

ditto.

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 5

Is there something I can add that you know of to extend the life? I would love to be able to make these. I think Ill go for it. I didnt buy the cannoli forms the other day because I was skeptical, but now I wish I had. Its 60 minutes just to get to the closest cake store. icon_sad.gif

Thanks guys! I appreciate the response.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%