Product Samples? Does Anyone Know...

Business By deanna_cake Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 8:49pm by all4cake

deanna_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanna_cake Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 7

where I can get some free product samples. I have been following the "Help!Gormet Flavors" topic under the How do I, and I am wanting to venture into the idea of creating different flavored cakes...I'm very eager to try some of her recipe ideas...I noticed a repeating theme being talked about tho...Amoretti gives out free samples of their products...I was just wondering if anyone else knows where i could get free samples before having to put out tons of money for something I dont know if i'll even like...it would be great to know...

6 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 7

I think everyone would like that information! R&D can be quite costly. If one is making cakes as a business, the expenses can be claimed when filing business taxes at the end of the year.

deanna_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanna_cake Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 5:49pm
post #3 of 7

I'm still in the "hobby/learning" phase and seriously hit hard by economy this year ( aren't we all?), but would still like to experiment before I buy...no tax break for me! icon_sad.gif

all4cake Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 7

I understand completely! 26 years worth of buying products to "try"...it can do some damage to the pocket lint.

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 5:59pm
post #5 of 7

Amoretti is very generous with their samples, all you have to do is fill out the contact sheet on their website and they will call you to arrange your samples.

HOWEVER, their products are quite costly. They have superior customer service and have been nothing but kind but I know they are out of my price range. Some items are prices by the ounce and are only available in 2.2 pound contained....big bucks!

Loanns is much cheaper and I find it to be more potent that Amoretti anyways. OP, you mentioned reading the Gormet flavors thread...I did too and am still reaping the benefits!! I don't use WASC but this favor ideas have found their way into my kitchen with great success. Think Loranns, extracts, syrups, frozen concentrates, puddings, juices, sodas, etc. These items are much more cost effective and if you end up with a ho-hum cake, MUCH less money is wasted (does cake ever really go to waste icon_confused.gif not in my house icon_lol.gif )

HTH Good luck icon_smile.gif

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 8:38pm
post #6 of 7

I was just at my cake supply store and they offer very tiny bottles of LorAnns from pretty cheap (I wish that I could remember exactly, but maybe $1.25) so although it isn't free, that wouldn't be a terribly expensive way to try it out.

all4cake Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 8:49pm
post #7 of 7

I'm having a difficult time thinking of a hobby that isn't costly at some point...even coupon clipping can be costly...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%