Sticky Tops With Wasc

Decorating By radtech Updated 14 Jun 2009 , 1:45am by kandu001

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:07pm
post #1 of 5

Ok I know that this has been discused but I still don't know how to prevent sticky tops when I make WASC. I have made the white and the chocolate and I don't seem to have the problem with the chocolate. I do use whole eggs rather than just the whites although it did happen when I made it for the first time with whites only. They seem to bake beautifully and not soft/gooey to the touch but nice and "springy" not over or under baked. it is after they cool or after I wrap them is saran wrap I notice condensation / wetness on the tops and when I pull of the wrap the tops pull away. It isn't like alot of cake comes of just the top lifts off. Now I am not a professional baker but I have baked for a long time and have never had this happen- I just don't get it icon_sad.gif . I am afraid that if I bake them longer they will be dry.

4 replies
mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:16pm
post #2 of 5

I get the same thing with my WASC cakes. I take that layer off. I have found that putting a piece of parchment paper on it when it is hot and let sit on it ( I use a cooling rack to push down on it) for awhile that top layer will peel right off with the paper.

Hope this helps. If anybody has anyother ideas I'd like to find out too!

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks mareg I will give that I try. Other than the sogginess I really like the flavor and texture.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 1:44pm
post #4 of 5

I cut the tops off my cakes a couple hours after they've cooled out of the oven. That way, I never have to deal with the sticky goo. It's gone before it has a chance to start.

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 1:45am
post #5 of 5

I do the same thing as mareg. It works for me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%