Ran Out Of Gas! Will Cake Be Ok?

Decorating By beachcakes Updated 12 Jun 2009 , 1:29pm by beachcakes

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:07pm
post #1 of 5

I can tell this is going to be a bad start to my caking weekend... I have a cake for 200 and wanted to bake up one 14" layer before work this morning.
After about 45 mins, i don't smell that fresh baking cake smell...but the oven is still on. After an hour I open the door for a peak, and while the oven is still on, it's not nearly 325* and my cake is not done. not even close. *&@!! So I switched the tank and turned the oven back on. Will it bake??
I can tell this is gonna be a nightmare caking session... my new EI printer isn't cooperating either. And the fog has rolled in so humidity is currently 95%. icon_cry.gif Is it too early to drink? icon_lol.gif

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:09pm
post #2 of 5

It will bake but who knows what the texture might be like sitting sorta half baked for a while..I would re bake it!

Remember..it is 5:00 somewhere in the world so "Have a drink" icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

beachcakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:40pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks kiddiekakes - it seems to be baking; at least it's rising like normal. It was never actually in a cold oven, more like 200* i'm guessing for about 30 min? I've never had this happen - what might the texture be like, do you know?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 12:55pm
post #4 of 5

I wish I could tell you..It has only happened to me once when the power went out while I was baking a cake....I just threw it out because it didn't come back on for about 2 hours. icon_wink.gif But since it is for a wedding I wouldn't chance your reputation! thumbs_up.gif

Laurel icon_wink.gif

beachcakes Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 1:29pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks Laurel! I finished baking it for the heck of it... I guess I'll see tonite when i level it. We can always make cake balls!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%