Cake Pro's Please Help?

Decorating By panchanewjersey Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 9:43pm by AngelFood4

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 5

I have a huge cake for next weekend, here's my story the girl wants all chocolate cakes and banana filling. icon_cry.gif So here are my questions for those who do this all the time. When should I start since it's banana?Will beusing bc and only fondant stripes and maybe some gumpaste flowers/bows. I'm just worried about the filling, since I wanted to start them kinda early..few days in advance? Anyone tell if they've done this and how well it goes. Oh just a note, they will not be stacked,wants them spread out on a table. Thanks!

4 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 5

I've never made a banana filling, would fresh filling turn brown?
you can get banana sleeve filling from cake shops or online. THat might be an option.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:26pm
post #3 of 5

I thought of that but girl is stubborn and wants what she wants...... fresh! I even suggested a custard of jam anything but fresh.....no I like fresh bananas with chocolate.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:52am
post #4 of 5

I would probably do my cakes and wrap them and then do the assemby the night before. I have done banana cakes and put them in the fridge a couple days prior to delivery...with fresh bananas. The secret is to use lemon juice. When I slice by banana for my cake I always toss them in a little sugar and lemon juice. This keeps them from browning. (the lemon is what does it but the sugar just makes it good)

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 5

Panchanewjersey, how did you banana filing turn out? I have to make one too in a few weeks and was worried about the filling turning bad...I like patticakesnc suggestion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%