Cake Pro's Please Help?

Decorating By panchanewjersey Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 9:43pm by AngelFood4

panchanewjersey Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 5

I have a huge cake for next weekend, here's my story the girl wants all chocolate cakes and banana filling. icon_cry.gif So here are my questions for those who do this all the time. When should I start since it's banana?Will beusing bc and only fondant stripes and maybe some gumpaste flowers/bows. I'm just worried about the filling, since I wanted to start them kinda early..few days in advance? Anyone tell if they've done this and how well it goes. Oh just a note, they will not be stacked,wants them spread out on a table. Thanks!

4 replies
beachcakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 5

I've never made a banana filling, would fresh filling turn brown?
you can get banana sleeve filling from cake shops or online. THat might be an option.

panchanewjersey Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 7:26pm
post #3 of 5

I thought of that but girl is stubborn and wants what she wants...... fresh! I even suggested a custard of jam anything but I like fresh bananas with chocolate.

patticakesnc Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 2:52am
post #4 of 5

I would probably do my cakes and wrap them and then do the assemby the night before. I have done banana cakes and put them in the fridge a couple days prior to delivery...with fresh bananas. The secret is to use lemon juice. When I slice by banana for my cake I always toss them in a little sugar and lemon juice. This keeps them from browning. (the lemon is what does it but the sugar just makes it good)

AngelFood4 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 5

Panchanewjersey, how did you banana filing turn out? I have to make one too in a few weeks and was worried about the filling turning bad...I like patticakesnc suggestion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%