Guitar-Need Advice On The Neck

Decorating By tarheelgirl Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 5:48pm by tarheelgirl

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 7

I wondered what everyone has used for the neck of the guitar. I thought of using a thin foam board and covering in fondant. Thinking of using real string.

6 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 7

i use the thicker foam core and i pipe the strings on with RI. i get the neck done at the beginning of the week so its all ready. strings are the very last thing i do on the guitar.

luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:09pm
post #3 of 7

I made a guitar hero cake for my grandson's birthday and I used rice krispies treats to mold the neck. I used his guitar to trace myself a template and used that as I molded the neck. Of course it helped that the guitar can be separated at the neck. Made it easier to draw my templates.

kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 7

I haven't actually done one in fondant yet,only in buttercream.I normally just use candy melts poured into the pan to get the right shape.I'm going to try one in fondant for Father's day,maybe.

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:13pm
post #5 of 7

i used RI. buti find pipeingstrings is not so easy to get them straight.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 7

I used cake, elevated on foamcore. I think i would just use foamcore next time... for strings I used spaghetti w/ lustre dust

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 5:48pm
post #7 of 7

Great ideas! Thanks so much!! I remember reading about the spaghetti noodles for the strings. I think that would be a great alternative to using real string. I don't know about piping RI in a straight line! icon_confused.gif I would probably not get it straight enough. Thought about Rice Krispies too..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%