Removing Fondant

Decorating By poptart Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 3:22am by Rylan

poptart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poptart Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 3

Hello to my favorite community!!

I have a question......Is is possible to remove fondant before serving without peeling off the buttercream?? I have a bride who likes the look of fondant, but does not want to serve it!! icon_confused.gif

2 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 3

I think I would suggest to her that she let the guests decide whether or not to remove their own fondant...or use a fake cake with the fondant on, and serve kitchen cakes. I have heard of the fondant being peeled off before the cake is served, but I can't imagine that it would look appealing in any way. It's kind of like peeling the skin off of fried chicken as you serve it to people.

I do know, though, that Indydebi's buttercream, if you allow it to crust before you put the fondant on, will stay on the cake if the fondant is taken off. I don't spritz it with water before I put the fondant on, and the other day I realized that my design was just not working, and I pulled the fondant off in one piece and tossed it in the trash, and the buttercream was still perfect underneath.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:22am
post #3 of 3

Start with a great tasting fondant. Get Jennifer Dontz's DVD and try her semi homemade fondant recipe. You can roll it thin enough and I've heard it taste great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%