Converting Grams To Ounces And/or Cups

Decorating By Getus Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 5:22am by Evoir

Getus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Getus Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:54pm
post #1 of 6

How do I convert a recipe in grams to ounces and/or cups?
Ex: if a recipe calls for 150 g of milk?
Is there a conversion chart somewhere I can use?
TIA! thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:00pm
post #2 of 6

In your example I would first convert 150g into ounces using an online conversion website, then I would place my cup on my scales, tare to zero, then add in the milk until you get your desired weight (as in the converted from grams to ounces number) in ounces up on your scale.

Although, I must say it is really weird to weigh your milk! You sure its not mL (milliliters)? Conversion sites also convert mls to fluid ounces or whatever volume measurement you desire.

HTH.

Evoir Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:03pm
post #3 of 6

http:/ / www . online conversion . com / weight _common. htm is the website addy for a good conversion service (type it in without spaces).

150 gram = 5.291 094 292 4 ounce according to this conversion service.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:20pm
post #4 of 6

I always got to www.ask.com and ask the question, then print out the various charts that come up. They're taped on my refrigerator.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoir

Although, I must say it is really weird to weigh your milk! You sure its not mL (milliliters)? Conversion sites also convert mls to fluid ounces or whatever volume measurement you desire.

It's not that weird... even with liquids it's more accurate to weigh than it is to measure by volume. I weigh EVERYTHING (milk, water, juice, eggs, etc) for my recipes, with the exception of ingredients only needed in small (teaspoon/tablespoon, etc) measurements.

Evoir Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 5:22am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkZiab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoir

It's not that weird... even with liquids it's more accurate to weigh than it is to measure by volume. I weigh EVERYTHING (milk, water, juice, eggs, etc) for my recipes, with the exception of ingredients only needed in small (teaspoon/tablespoon, etc) measurements.

Okay, well its UNUSUAL then to see a recipe calling for "150 grams of milk" icon_smile.gif My recipes would all state 150mLs milk OR 2/3 cup of milk. FWIW, I too, also prefer an accurate millilitre measurement to cup measurements, and I always weigh flour, sugar etc.

With metric, the only thing where 150mL precisely equals 150grams is water. 150mL of oil, for instance, would weigh less than 150grams.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%