Way Cookied Out.....

Baking By auntmamie Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 12:33am by HeidiCrumbs

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:27am
post #1 of 14

I just made a huge amount of ribbon cookies. Thought I would share. I baked on Saturday and Sunday, and decorated last night (130 purple ribbons - not shown below) and about 180? tonight, in a rainbow of colors. These are being packaged 2 to a bag, for the relay for life this weekend, and will be sold for $1 per bag. I'm taking back the first $50 out of the proceeds for costs, and the rest is donations. And yes, my back and hands are now killing me, and the dishpan is full - that can wait until I get home from work tomorrow. I have about 20 that I ran out of icing before getting to - so I'm 10 bags short, oh well. Not making a new batch of icing for 20 cookies. Way too tired........
LL

13 replies
N2Cookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
N2Cookies Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:42am
post #2 of 14

Great job! You deserve a break. That was a Hurculean effort in such a short window. I'm sure your effort will be appreciated.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:40am
post #3 of 14

Wow! Hee hee, glad everyone's kitchen table looks like that. icon_smile.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:01pm
post #4 of 14

Over 300 cookies, and you say you're cookied out? I can't imagine why! Congratulations on getting the job done without going crazy! I don't think I will ever, ever have the reason to make so many cookies at one time... it boggles my mind. I'm sure your efforts will be VERY appreciated! (And if someone asks where the other 20 cookies are, smack 'em).

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:09pm
post #5 of 14

OMG! that's a heck of alot lol Well done to you indeed!! thumbs_up.gif

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:18pm
post #6 of 14

Wow! Noble endeavor, too. And the charity should sell them for more than $1 after all your hard work.
I'd eat the remaining 20, so there's no evidence.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:57pm
post #7 of 14

Kuidos and hats off to you not only for your excellent work, but for what you are doing for such a great cause! I am sure you are beyond exhausted, but if you have the energy, pat yourself on the back for a job VERY well done!!!! Kudos again!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:50pm
post #8 of 14

Eek! Three hundred cookies? Bless your heart (and sore back, and hands, and arms). They look great.

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 8:21pm
post #9 of 14

I agree. I think they could be sold for more than $1.00 for 2. Great job, hon! I know that feeling though, trust me. lol. I was up until 3 am a few months ago decorating 30 mini cakes for a bridal shower. Ugh.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 8:27pm
post #10 of 14

Kudos to you!!! I'm truly impressed, and your cookies are really nice!

iownajane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iownajane Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 8:36pm
post #11 of 14

Excellent job,for a great cause...Put your feet up,eat a couple of those "extras" and have a glass of wine!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 8:37pm
post #12 of 14

I bet your back hurts! Mine always does and I haven't done anywhere near as many cookies as that. Your cookies look wonderful! Way to go!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 8:41pm
post #13 of 14

Tell me about it. I just made cookies for my kid's nursery graduation. My back is killing me and i only decorated 30!! I cannot even imagine doing so many at a time.

HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:33am
post #14 of 14

What a beautiful table! That is a LOT of cookies, nobody understands how much work that is as we do in the cookie room here at CC. Congrats to you and I also agree on the $1 being waaaaaaaay too low. Was that your idea? I mean it's going to charity after your supply cost, surely people would pay more for a good cause. Now go rest!! Lol!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%