Sugarshack 6 Qt. Recipe?

Decorating By Loucinda Updated 10 Jun 2009 , 3:53pm by ninatat

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:54am
post #1 of 19

the search feature is not working for me - I have been looking for over an hour now to try and find the recipe amounts for the 6 qt. mixer and I cannot find it icon_cry.gif

Could someone who has it please fill me in? I remember the 2 lb. 13 oz. of high ratio but that is all I can remember.

TIA

Cindy

18 replies
Loucinda Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:00am
post #2 of 19

I found her original post - and have read through 40 pages, and then it says "no post exists" for page 41 -48 (and I know the 6 qt. recipe was on one of those last 3 pages??)

I am hoping someone will read this and feel sorry for me and have the info I need. I wish I would've written it down....... icon_cry.gif

Loucinda Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:29am
post #3 of 19

I have pm'd and emailed Sharon - if anyone has this info, please fill me in - I promise I will make 20 copies so I won't loose it again. icon_redface.gif
(and bumping myself back up the list here.....)

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:34am
post #4 of 19

i just divided the recipe by 5 and then multiplied that figure by 6, basically its 1 cup shortening per pound of powdered sugar and then just add a couple more tbsp of liquid.

hope this helps.

susan

ncox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncox Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:37am
post #5 of 19

It is 2 lb 13 oz shortening (6 1/2 cups), 6 cups powdered sugar, 5 tbsp flavoring, 20 tbsp coffee creamer liquid. I made a batch last night. HTH!

Loucinda Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:01pm
post #6 of 19

ncox - THANK YOU!! (although, I think it is 6 pounds of powdered sugar! icon_wink.gif )

suzy - thank you too! I was tired last night (and frustrated with myself for NOT printing the amounts out to begin with) I never thought of doing it that way - I won't forget it now though!

You all are wonderful - I really appreciate your help!!

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:09pm
post #7 of 19

Your welcome!

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:29pm
post #8 of 19

Loucinda -

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7325-Sugarshacks-Buttercream-for-a-6qt-Mixer.html

Posted by Pinkbox but it states: "This post was done with permission from sugarshack which the original recipe was based upon."

Loucinda Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:36pm
post #9 of 19

Thank you Ky - I tried searching last night and got NOTHING. It didn't matter how I typed it in.....I have now printed it, saved it, emailed it - I am making sure I don't lose it again.

woodruffbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodruffbn Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:47pm
post #10 of 19

I don't have a stand mixer, so how do I keep my icing from getting air bubbles? I would like to try this recipe but, dont know if it would even be worth it as I don;t have a KA...

lchris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchris Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:56pm
post #11 of 19

Woodruffbn, I have made it without a KA using the 41/2 ratio recipe.

It wasn't easy, and that's when I bought my KA. All the difference in the world. That being said, lots of folks here make it without a KA all the time. Maybe someone else will chime in on that issue.

Just made a batch for a cake tomorrow BTW...

ncox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncox Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:03pm
post #12 of 19

Sorry about that! Yes, 6 lbs of powdered sugar. I had just gotten up and was still a little groggy, but had to get my CC fix, LOL!! Good Luck!!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:04pm
post #13 of 19

I just got this from sugarshack Monday

3 lbs sweetex (usse a kitchen scale)

6.5 lbs powdered sugar (use a 4 cup measuing cup, 4 cups=1 lb)

9 tbsp wedding bouquet

11 tbsp hot coffe mate liquid

cream sweetex and liquids on first speed very well. add half amount of powdered sugar, let mix 30 seconds, then add rest of powdered sugar. scrape sides of bowl very well turn speed up one notch, mix for 9 minutes. scrape sides of bowl around top, mix for 1 minute longer. (Do not turn off mixer durning this scraping!) now, turn off mixer, remove paddle and cover with plastic wrap. let sit for 1 hour or longer.

woodruffbn Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:08pm
post #14 of 19

I just gatta get a KA. That's all it is to it! What the next holiday coming up? Do you think i could buy myself a Fourth of July present? LOL icon_biggrin.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:17pm
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodruffbn

I just gatta get a KA. That's all it is to it! What the next holiday coming up? Do you think i could buy myself a Fourth of July present? LOL icon_biggrin.gif

I don't know why not, I'm buying myself an agbay.

woodruffbn Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:22pm
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Quote:

OOOOOH! Just googled that! lol. That's really neat! You can make your cakes soooo pretty on the inside!

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:24pm
post #17 of 19
Quote:

I don't have a stand mixer, so how do I keep my icing from getting air bubbles? I would like to try this recipe but, dont know if it would even be worth it as I don;t have a KA...

you use the same method, just keep your beaters under the icing. Kinda go up and down without bringing them out of the icing.

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:32pm
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Tiggy2: I'm with you on that one! My boyfriend told me I could sell one of my bows so I could buy one an Agbay! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:53pm
post #19 of 19

i had written down two recipe's an couldn't find, the sugar shack on is the one i didn't finish writing down don't know why, i looked every where for it. it didn't fit my smaller mixer so i kept mixing and adding, then taking some already mixed and added it again, i finally found it, and it is 61/2 cups shortening, 6 lb lbs of con sugar, mix creamer 1 cup water and 1 cup creamer heat in micro. 5 tablespoons extract, 20 tablespoons of mixed creamer it's in the recipes but they are not in alphabetical order so it was hard to find, it's almost down to the end of the page i added some salt, i'm trying to find one that's not so sweet,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%