For You Who Read The Craigs List Cake Diva Story Last Night

Decorating By CarrieBear Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 8:13pm by JanH

CarrieBear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarrieBear Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:10am
post #1 of 12

ok so i dont know what the heck happened to that thread, im guessing some one yanked it on CC maybe? last night it was up to 7 pages and 100+ posts...

11 replies
CarrieBear Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:36am
post #2 of 12

I wish I had the original demanding post that the gal posted on craigslist that generated these responses to her but, she deleted it, just like the thread last on CC from last night mysteriously deleted huh? what a coincidence huh?.... icon_confused.gif

CarrieBear Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:40am
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolesprinkle

So what did the original ad say?

I wish I had it Cakegoddess did you save it?
I dont know if indydebi did either?

I regret not saving it! the cragislist posting is now gone so I dont have that, icon_cry.gif

CarrieBear Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:45am
post #4 of 12

It all started off last night with a thread on CC here where some one posted "you have to see this!"
she posted a link to cragislist where a gal posted a wanted ad for a cake decorator, it was the most condescending rediculous post I have ever seen, (craigs list ad now deleted as of today)
the CC post was up to like 7 pages and 100+ posts of a bunch of us on here formulating rude emails to send to her, a few which are posted in her reply back to me above, texasrose came up with the very last reply (cakegoddess)
the CC thread as of today has been deleted im guessing by one of the moderators on here??? but I swore i would post again on that thread today the response i got back from this rude craigslist poster. which i have placed above, but some one on CC here deleted that thread so there it is..
maybe some one out there saved her craigslist posting.. i can only hope but i didnt icon_sad.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 12:53am
post #5 of 12

The original posting went on about not wanting the "fondant-covered abominations that masquerade as cakes today", and that anything from Martha Stewart or a couple of other magazines would not be well-recieved. And then it said, "If my ad offends thee, then perhaps you should consider what it is about your work that you find objectionable..." and it ended with the words, "It really is THAT simple."

I can't remember all of it but those were the highlights. Not too sure why our original thread last night was deleted...

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:56am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

does anyone know why the original thread was pulled? i tired finding it yesterday to no avail. icon_sad.gif

Oh, ya know. "Someone" thought we were having too much fun. icon_rolleyes.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:22am
post #7 of 12

Ok there was two of the posts going tonight. I posted one and there was like 50 posts when I last looked at it hours ago. AND THEY DELETED IT AGAIN!!!!!! What the H3LL!

Uggghhhh! Why oh why won't they just let it be.....it was FUN!!!!! NOTHING MORE!

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:19pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieBear

I wish I had the original demanding post that the gal posted on craigslist that generated these responses to her but, she deleted it, just like the thread last on CC from last night mysteriously deleted huh? what a coincidence huh?.... icon_confused.gif

It must be a coincidence since I am the one who deleted it from CC, and it had nothing to do with anyone outside CC. I deleted it because it devolved into a mean-spirited attack thread that only served to highlight the worst side of the Cake Central Community instead of highlighting the caring, supportive, and giving character of this community that makes me so proud.

Heath Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 5:22pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

does anyone know why the original thread was pulled? i tired finding it yesterday to no avail. icon_sad.gif

Oh, ya know. "Someone" thought we were having too much fun. icon_rolleyes.gif

that would be me.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:11pm
post #10 of 12

I appreciate what you wrote Heath, absolutely. Most people could see right through that "advertisement" anyways and recognize that it was posted by someone who was just out to rile people up. So it was fun, and I can't see where it was hurting anyone...since it was a joke in the first place. But to someone who may be new here, or for those who honestly believe there was a shred of legitimacy to the craigslist advertisement, I can see where someone would think the thread was innappropriate.

Heath Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 7:00pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

I appreciate what you wrote Heath, absolutely. Most people could see right through that "advertisement" anyways and recognize that it was posted by someone who was just out to rile people up. So it was fun, and I can't see where it was hurting anyone...since it was a joke in the first place. But to someone who may be new here, or for those who honestly believe there was a shred of legitimacy to the craigslist advertisement, I can see where someone would think the thread was innappropriate.

It wasn't that the topic was inappropriate, it was that as the conversation evolved, it turned ugly, which tends to happen here when a thread gets several pages deep, people stopped reading all the posts and just start reacting to bits and pieces.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 8:13pm
post #12 of 12

Condensed the previous pages of posts so that Heath's responses could easily be found and read.

Am locking this thread so Heath's posts won't get lost, and as the Craigslist poster has deleted the ad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%