Graduation Cake

Decorating By imamommy1205 Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 10:09pm by TeriO

imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 3

My cousin is graduating early. He is 16. They are having a party/cookout for him on the 20th and I am making him a cake.

There are no school colors bc he was homeschooled.

The only thing I can think of he is into is cars I guess (and his gf lol). He is going to a tech school to get certified to do that for a living. I have no idea if he has a favorite car or anything lol. Right now he just has a cheap car that gets him from point a to point b. He did have a truck, but I dont have idea what kind lol.

His name is Nick. I thought abotu initials, but that might be weird bc he has a different last name than his mom, step dad, and siblings....I just feel like that might be weird. I thought about doing an N though.

I guess it needs to be somewhat generic, I just wanted to make it special for him. I dont want to just make one that says "Congrats Graduate or anything like that."

I just want some fun ideas for a 16 yo who is graduating. He isnt walking aacoss a stage or anything, so I dont like the idea of a graduation hat. A scroll wuould be ok though. I was gonna do books stacked with a diploma on top, but we only need to feed like 25 people. Woudl 1 book with adiploma on it look silly do you think?

Thanks for the help!

2 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 3

did you check the gallery? there are a lot of graduation cakes to get inspiration from. good luck

TeriO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TeriO Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 3

What about a book with the eblem of the tech school on it and maybe a bookworm with a graduation hat on crawling across it or something like that. Maybe in front of the book you could put a scroll with his name on it. Just a thought. I know he doesn't have a school color, but the tech school probably does.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%