My Taste Buds Must Be Broken...

Decorating By heycake Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 10:56pm by BCJean

heycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heycake Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 10

After reading endlessly about Rich's Bettercreme I finally was able to track some down.

Well, I'm sorry to say that I didn't like it and neither did my hubby or mom. icon_cry.gif

I really want to like it since it seems so easy and versatile. However, it has a chemical taste and an even worse after taste. Am I the only one who fells this way? Is there anything that can be done to get rid of the chemical taste? I would love to find something with the same texture and consistency and not-too-sweet taste. Any suggestions?

Thanks

9 replies
tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 10

I don't know, I dont get that taste in mine..maybe my tastebuds are broken icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_smile.gif

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 10

What did you use to flavor it?

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 10

never heard of it-what's the ingredients?

heycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heycake Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:33pm
post #5 of 10

First batch I made plain just to test it out. After we all tasted it I added some strawberry jam and we tasted it again. The next batch I made I added a package of vanilla pudding and then we tasted again. The pudding one had a pretty good flavor to start with but then there was still that strange aftertaste.

What am I doing wrong? Am I a Bettercreme dummy and don't know what I'm doing? (very likely) icon_smile.gif

Thanks

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 10

Even when I add pudding or anything else I always add a flavoring - 99% of the time I use a Torani or DaVinci syrup (French Vanilla and White Chocolate are my two favorites). The only time I remember having a slight chemical taste was when I made it plain, no flavorings, no pudding, no nothing!!!

I couldn't live without this stuff....it's the one my customers ask for most of the time and I love to put it on cupcakes!

tonedna Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 9:47pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyTW

Even when I add pudding or anything else I always add a flavoring - 99% of the time I use a Torani or DaVinci syrup (French Vanilla and White Chocolate are my two favorites). The only time I remember having a slight chemical taste was when I made it plain, no flavorings, no pudding, no nothing!!!

I couldn't live without this stuff....it's the one my customers ask for most of the time and I love to put it on cupcakes!

I can understand this..no flavoring is like eating cardboard..but then again, I don't like to eat whipped cream by itself, it seems flavorless to me..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 10:34pm
post #8 of 10

Is bettercreme like pasty pride?

tonedna Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 10:42pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy1971

Is bettercreme like pasty pride?

Yes!
Edna icon_smile.gif

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 10:56pm
post #10 of 10

We use bettercreme at work all the time......and I can't stand it. It is just fluffy air with chemicals added to me. ......but then again I don't like cake mix cake either.

I only like real whipped cream if it has only a tiny amount of sugar added and if you don't whip it up a lot, so it has a creamy texture, not airy.

Our customers used to order Bettercreme a lot but I am finding that since we started adding real butter to our buttercream, it is the better seller of the two.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%