Cuisinart 7 Qt. 1000 Watt Mixer Anyone?

Decorating By rebew10 Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 6:22pm by JP

rebew10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebew10 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 6:09pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have this mixer and would you recommend it? Looking into buying a mixer and looking into either Cuisinart or KitchenAid. Thanks in advance!

3 replies
tammytaylor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammytaylor Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 4

I have a kitchen aid mixer that my husband bought for me for Christmas about 2 years ago. I tell him all of the time that it is my favorite gift EVER!
I absolutely love it! If it broke tomorrow, I would have a new one the next day! LOL

themustangirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
themustangirl Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 4

I debated between the two and ended up buying the Cuisinart simply because it had a bigger bowl (7 qt) and I just liked the way it looked better. It also has a built in timer! It was the best purchase I ever made. I wouldn't trade it for another! Excellent mixer!!! Mixes up sausage balls well also! Hope this helps!!

JP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JP Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 6:22pm
post #4 of 4

Hello!

Have it and love it! I previously had the KA and was looking to upgrade the look. I love the power, the size of the wisk and paddle. The splash guard is very functional and allows you to pour the ingredients completely in without losing it on the chute.

That being said, I am not happy with the stainless steel look. The paint is peeling ever so slightly where the splash guard snaps in. The timer and gradual ramp up to the set speed are nice. The fold function is great.

I would recommend it. I also considered the Viking before making this purchase.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%