Cream Bouquet Disaster - Help Please!!

Decorating By Valli_War Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 6:09pm by Valli_War

Valli_War Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 2:40pm
post #1 of 5

Can someone help me please? I was making chocolate cream cheese frosting to go over the banana cake and while putting flavoring (vanilla and cream bouquet), by mistake I put a little more of the cream bouquet. It has a bad aftertaste from it now. How can I fix it? I tried adding more vanilla and some almond extract, nothing is working. If I add more buttercream to it will it solve the problem or something else?

TIA.

4 replies
RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 2:59pm
post #2 of 5

I would say that would be the only fix is adding more buttercream.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 3:23pm
post #3 of 5

Yes, add plain, unflavored buttercream to the already-flavored batch until it gets to a point that it no longer has an aftertaste.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 5

Yeah choc and cream bouquet= very bad. Blahhhh. I learned that one too a while back.

Not sure why when, (lemon almond vanilla and cherry?), (vanilla and chocolate), (lemon and chocolate), (almond and chocolate), (cherry and chocolate), are all good. But the mix of it is just too much.

Valli_War Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 6:09pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone. I added more vanilla and some buttercream which had just vanilla in it and it is much better. Actually I am the only one who is feeling it, my husband said it is a little lemony but fine.

Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%