Will Mmf Melt?

Baking By sallene Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 8:48pm by sallene

sallene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sallene Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 4

I'm doing wedding cake cookies for my niece's wedding this coming Saturday. I'd like to do MMF since I have some cool texture plates that came with the cutter, but I'm afraid the MMF will melt (outside wedding/reception) and the texture will fade, plus everything will be sticky.

Does anyone know if that will happen?

Thanks so much!

3 replies
deedee4420 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deedee4420 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 4

I just did baby shower cookies with MMF they were individually bagged and left outside in a basket for the guests and they were fine. It was this past Saturday (June 6) and the temperature in CT was 78 and very sunny.
The hostess did have a canopy over the deck for shade but the cookies did not melt or fade they were done in pastel baby colors.

sallene Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 4

Awesome! Thanks for your input.

I'm wanting to do white MMF with pool blue accents (probably in RI). It's supposed to be 79 (and I think they're keeping them under a pavilion), but the humidity will be high, so I'm sure that will factor in too.

sallene Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 4

Just thought I'd post that I did 60 of these with MMF (stuck on with corn syrup) that also had mmf flowers attached. They weren't in a sunny location, but it was 85 and terribly humid.

No problems with melting whatsoever. The cookies didn't loose the impression I did on the mmf either.

Yay!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%