House-Brand Nutella On Sale At Cost Plus World Market

Decorating By ceshell Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 4:17pm by TyeRiley

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 8

So I couldn't resist the urge anymore...I've been out of Nutella for 4 days and I HAD to go to Cost+/World Market to get more. They have a house brand (i.e. generic) "Hazelnut Spread" that is basically the same thing. My husband actually prefers it because there is a little more cocoa than hazelnut in their product; however their label states 13% hazelnuts, which is the same as Nutella.

I was pleasantly surprised to find it on sale: the BIG jar (26.5oz) was only $4! What a deal! It was sitting right next to the little 14oz of Nutella...which was also $4. I thought to myself...hm...tiny jar of the real thing, or double the size for the same money? I bought two of the generic and also a $2 jar of the "crunchy" kind in 14oz...which I opened and ate once I got IN MY CAR icon_redface.gif.

Just thought I'd send this moneysaving tip to all of the Nutella lovers out there, in case you have a World Market store nearby icon_smile.gif.

7 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 12:01am
post #2 of 8

That's a really good price, no matter where you live. Thanks for sharing.

I landed a deal on brand name Nutella, $1.99 for the 14 oz jar, at a local grocery outlet. I bought 12 jars, thinking at a jar a month, I would have enough to last a year. Yeah, right. Soon I found myself adding it to my vanilla SMBC. Between that, and the toasted english muffins, it was gone!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ceshell Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 4:20am
post #3 of 8

Ain't that the truth! One minute you are thinking "I don't really need a large amount of this stuff" and the next minute it makes its way onto everything you eat. Actually that's not true; I just eat it off the spoon thumbs_up.gif

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 4:41am
post #4 of 8

I want some now on toast topped with bananas....or in a crepe! hmm...you guys made my mouth water!

TyeRiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TyeRiley Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 4:55am
post #5 of 8

My Mom just recently got my kids loving Nutella. Do you use it for cakes? I see that playingwithsugar adds it to the icing. Do you all have any other cake ideas you use this for? The reason I'm asking is because my mom's birthday is at the end of this month and she LOVES Nutella. If your willing to share your recipes or ideas I would greatly appreciate it. And thanks for the tip of it being on sale too

ceshell Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 5:51am
post #6 of 8

It is sooooo good as a filling. You can use it by itself as a filling and just spread it between the layers, or mix it with something to nutella-ize a thicker filling e.g. I've mixed it with ganache, and also chocolate pudding. Use the CC search option and restrict it to Nutella - topic title only - and you will see lots of threads, including one with lots of filling ideas icon_smile.gif. I LOVE a white cake (specifically, rebecca rather's white on white buttermilk cake...can be googled or tracked down here) with nutella filling and chocolate IMBC icing. SO GOOD!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 6:03am
post #7 of 8

i like dipping banana into it and just... ohgodyummy!

TyeRiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TyeRiley Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 4:17pm
post #8 of 8

Thankyou for the reply. I will do a search and see what I can find. I will definitley be using it as a filling for my mom's birthday cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%