Making Cake In Advance

Decorating By Boogie27 Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 3:15pm by Rylan

Boogie27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boogie27 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:42am
post #1 of 5

So I have a big week this week, I have to make 3 cakes - 1 large and 2 small that have to be done for Saturday. I only have a regular sized fridge. My questions are - how long in advance can i bake the cakes and leave out covered? and how long can i leave a crumb coated cake out of the fridge? If i cleared out my fridge completely i could probably fit all the cakes but if i can hold off on doing that until they are at least iced it would save me a ton of time and $$. I've never baked a cake more than 24 hours before i was going to serve it. Any info will be greatly appreciated! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
khkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khkakes Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:33pm
post #2 of 5

I bake and freeze my cakes wrapped in plastic wrap and then foil up to a month ahead. I thaw them on the counter still wrapped about 8 - 24 hours before decorating. I never refrigerate my cakes so I can't be any help there.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 5

I bake on Wednesday (for Saturday orders) and leave at room temp covered in plastic wrap. Anything earlier than that, I freeze.

Boogie27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boogie27 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:06pm
post #4 of 5

Well by freezer isn't big enough either so looks like im going to bake on wednesday! Thanks!!!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:15pm
post #5 of 5

I sometimes refrigerate it a day of 2 before I start crumbcoating. I make sure it is properly sealed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%