Damask Cake

Decorating By deetmar Updated 7 Jun 2009 , 8:16pm by cylstrial

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 3

Does anbody know who made this cake, or how I would go about making it. I have a client that brought this picture to me. I have done a damask before, but I used a stencil, I have no idea how to do this unless there are cutters somewhere.

Thanks
LL

2 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 3

I made my own stencil for a damask cake I did a few weeks back. I got a plain stencil sheet from Hobby Lobby to it. It took a while to cut out all the little pieces and designs but the results were as good as any.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 3

That's a really pretty damask pattern. I'm doing one at the end of this month. It's a Martha Stewart cake. I was having trouble finding the exact pattern, so I emailed Martha's crew. They told me to buy the book, copy the picture, and enlarge it for my needs. So what I ended up doing was figuring out a good size, and then I taped them to a board with wax paper over it. And I'm going to use RI to fill in the pattern. (Which is exactly what they told me to do). Now the cake that she picked was RI anyway. The one you have looks like fondant. But you could still use the technique to cut those out, although it would be hard. See if the bride will let you do RI. I was just practicing mine, but I think it's going to work really well. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%