Motorize Monster Truck Cake-Ideas?

Decorating By shell62995 Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 11:53pm by patty5

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 7

Just got an order for a 2nd b.day for a monster truck. Only has to feed 30. She saw a cake I did before w/ a motor in it so she wants a cake w/movement. Any ideas?
TIA!
Michele icon_smile.gif

6 replies
shell62995 Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 7

anyone?

tree45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tree45 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 2:29am
post #3 of 7

Can you build the body of the truck in cake and use the motor to move the trucks wheels? have it slightly suspended on top of another smashed car so the wheels spin. I think thats such an exciting cake to make! Good luck!

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 2:35am
post #4 of 7

that sounds like a good idea. just use a big remote controlled truck and take the top off so the wheels will spin. or you could just put it on a rotating stand. i can't really think of anything else, but i'm interested to know what you come up with. maybe just put some flashing monster jam type light in it. i think lights are easier to do than anythign else. check out the toy department

cakeheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeheart Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 7:29am
post #5 of 7

I would say head to a hobby store where they specialize in small moving toys and motors and explain what you are doing and maybe they can get a motor with the chassi and wheels with no tires then you could build the cake on the chassi and put rice krispy tires on the wheels

well just an idea hope it helped a little

shell62995 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 2:31pm
post #6 of 7

i ordered some new motors and I'll play w/them when they get here. Ill make all 4 tires spin and the lights work. i just need to find the best way to hide the motors. ty for all your help!

patty5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patty5 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 11:53pm
post #7 of 7

If you have a real motorized munster truck, you could remove the body and mount the cake over the base.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%