Teacup Cake

Decorating By abra526 Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 6:10pm by MJoycake

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:29am
post #1 of 9

I had a friend ask me to make a teacup cake to feed 10 people. I was thinking of what pan i could use. How many servings does the wondermold pan have? I have never used this particular pan. does it have a core like other 3D pans? TIA! If it has a few more servings than I am actually needing, that is okay because she works at the Ronald McDonald House, and the families that stay there always love to finish left over cake!

8 replies
MJoycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJoycake Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:33am
post #2 of 9

I did tea cup cupcakes - you can check my pics. They were done with the mini wondermold pan. I don't know how many servings the large wonder mold pan has, or whether it uses a core, but the shape of the mini wonder molds were perfect. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions - I'm happy to try to help.

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:35am
post #3 of 9

I don't know the name of the pan, but the one the doll torso goes in would work. I would bc it, let that harden then flip it over small side down. I hope that makes sense. I did a coffee cup and used three 6" and carved.

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:57am
post #4 of 9

MJoy...I love your cupcakes! They really were the perfect shape! I think I will used the regular wondermold pan, that way i will have the same shape, only larger. By the way, your flowers are adorable!

MJoycake Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:23am
post #5 of 9

thank you! pm me with any questions if you like....after doing 15 of them, I finally figured out a pretty good technique for the buttercream/fondant covering. Good luck and have fun with it! Oh - and I cut the very bottom off of the cupcakes so they had a larger flat base to sit on.

Jokerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jokerz Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:57am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJoycake

I did tea cup cupcakes - you can check my pics. They were done with the mini wondermold pan. I don't know how many servings the large wonder mold pan has, or whether it uses a core, but the shape of the mini wonder molds were perfect. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions - I'm happy to try to help.

Beautiful teapot and cups. I've wanted to do this for a weekly get together of kindergarten moms. How many servings do you get per mini wondermold pan?

MJoycake Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:19pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks.....there are 4 cakes per mini wonder mold pan. They were a lot of work, but I loved how they came out. I'd do them again, but maybe not so many at once - lol!

Jokerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jokerz Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:34pm
post #8 of 9

Sorry, I asked the wrong question. I meant to ask - how many servings per mini cake? Are they small enough for one serving like a cupcake or will they serve 2 or 3?

MJoycake Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 6:10pm
post #9 of 9

I'd call each mini cake one generous serving. They're larger than a cupcake, but not by much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%