Carving A 3-D Police Car

Decorating By lmilinich Updated 7 Jun 2009 , 12:32am by imanah

lmilinich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmilinich Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 6

i have a grooms cake for this weekend. I know how i want to carve the police car but when i have attempted to actually do it i didnt like it. does anyone know a way that is simple or is there a template something showing the steps. Please respond to me.... thanks

5 replies
txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:57am
post #2 of 6

Wilton makes a 3D car cake pan, you can use it and decorate it like a police car

lmilinich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmilinich Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:11am
post #3 of 6

i dont think that my Michaels here locally carries that pan. i will check thanks for the reply

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:47am
post #4 of 6

If you have time, you can also find them on Ebay ..

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:37am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilinich

i have a grooms cake for this weekend. I know how i want to carve the police car but when i have attempted to actually do it i didnt like it. does anyone know a way that is simple or is there a template something showing the steps. Please respond to me.... thanks

Hi Lmilinich, I watch a topic on the Spanish thread (I only speak about 3 words but they find great links) that someone posted a link to a step by step for a car on a flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37331318@N08/sets/72157619119013020/

Here's the Spanish thread I saw it on: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6413519#6413519

Hope it helps. icon_biggrin.gif

imanah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imanah Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 12:32am
post #6 of 6

Like evryone else the easiest way to go is the wilton 3D car and carve from there.

If that is not an option use a square cake pan anD Carve it sort of block style then curve it up after.

Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%