Favorite Macsmom Wasc Recipes

Decorating By yummy Updated 13 May 2010 , 3:38pm by galliesway

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 12:48am
post #1 of 51

I was going to try her orange dreamsicle and tropic breeze cake this past weekend but didn't get a chance. I will start on Thursday and I'll try to do 5 recipes throughtout the weekend. Which of Macsmom's wasc recipes have you all tried. Please tell me what you thought so that I can decide on what other three I should also try; it's so hard to make a choice with all those delicious selections. TIA

50 replies
daisyjenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisyjenn Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:09am
post #2 of 51

I just made her chocolate WASC recipe and it was great! I have eaten about 5 without frosting and filling so you know they are good.

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:14am
post #3 of 51

I'm with daisyjenn...the chocolate wasc is OFF THE CHAIN!!! Totally will scarf that down with nooo frosting, no filling, no milk, no nothing. It is my go to for chocolate cupcakes too...totally chocolately yummmy yumm yumm yumm is all I can say!!

yummy Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:52am
post #4 of 51

Thanks. Anyone else?

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:11am
post #5 of 51

I have tried Tropical breeze and it was fantastic! I changed the filling to Banana creme and everybody loved it!

whitet4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitet4 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:17pm
post #6 of 51

I too thought the tropical breeze was really good. Everyone in my family loved the pink champagne.

yummy Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:23pm
post #7 of 51

Hi Anku. The tropical breeze cake is one of my first two to try. Did you use the rum or pineapple juice? What exactly is Malibu rum; does it have flavoring in it? What filling was originally given for that recipe? I was thinking pineapple filling. What kind and flavor icing did you use?

There was over 190 pages of cc members going crazy with excitement and praise to Macsmom for her generousity; and I know that more than three members has tried her recipes.

I understand that those of you who have tried a recipe or two may be busy. When you get the time please respond. I would love all feedback to help me decide which three wasc to try along with the orange creamsicle and the tropical breeze. I'm going to have four free days (this Thurs. - Sun.) to try out recipes; for upcoming cake orders starting at the end of this month. Looking forward to hearing from you all. TIA

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:27pm
post #8 of 51

Hi yummy- malibu rum is coconut flavored rum, there are other brands too, like coconut jack and there is also one by captain morgan's

I am planning on trying these three recips, so if anyone has feedback, please post!! : Cosmopolitain, Caramel Frapuccino and White Russian

I third the chocolate WASC, very dangerous..... I usually have leftover batter and back a 5" cake...I then leave it on the counter and ever time I have a sweet craving I take a chunk!

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:27pm
post #9 of 51

OK, where are you all getting these recipes, I have looked up WASC and separately macsmom under the recipe search and have not found these recipies.

bakedbycody Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakedbycody Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:31pm
post #10 of 51

I made her pistachio cardamom cake, took it to work and everyone loved it. Everyone was asking for the recipe. Of course the day after we all gobbled it up, they announce the recall on pistachios...lol

Lisaa1996 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisaa1996 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:36pm
post #11 of 51

We all love the White Chocolate Raspberry cake filled with her truffle filling!!!!

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:40pm
post #12 of 51

I couldn't find her in the recipes. Could someone give me the link to her WASC and the chocolate version? TIA

yummy Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:41pm
post #13 of 51

Thanks everyone.

Whitet4, I've got to check that one out. I don't like champagne so I totally overlooked that one.
I've heard good reviews for champagne cakes from cc members. I'm willing to give it a try.

Pouchet82, Thanks for the rum info. I am also interested in red velvet, tiramisu, almond joy, banana and cheesecake lovers.

TNTFundraiser, I don't know how to add the link to all these awesome recipes; keep watching this topic and someone like JanH will come along and hook you up with it.

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:43pm
post #14 of 51

Here is an updated Google page with all the recipes. http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

If you want to read the whole thread, search for gourmet flavors ... here it is ... http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614554-gourmet.html

I love the Orange Dreamsicle (I'm going to try it with Key Lime Pie yogurt and lime sherbet next). I used White Chocolate Truffle filling and my leftover filling went into white chocolate cream cheese icing! thumbs_up.gif

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:43pm
post #15 of 51

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs I have had the white russian and it is really good thumbs_up.gif

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:44pm
post #16 of 51

Don't know if those that couldn't find the recipes found them or not, but here is the link:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

whitet4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitet4 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:48pm
post #17 of 51

I didn't put in the lorann oil, in the pink champagne cake it just smells weird.

yummy Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:48pm
post #18 of 51

Hi bakedbycody, I want to try the pistachio cardamon too. What does cardamon smell/taste like; what icing and filling did you use? Is it now safe to eat pistachios?

Lisaa1996, Hi. I didn't see that one got to go back for that one. Thanks to the both of you.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:50pm
post #19 of 51

The Orange Dreamsicle is delicious!! People just love it and it is sooooo moist!

noyhoward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noyhoward Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:52pm
post #20 of 51

I have tried her carrot cake,margarita cake,orange dreamsicle,strawberry wasc,tiramisu with espresso syrup & mascarpone filling,tropic breeze,cheesecake filling & white truffles filling.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:58pm
post #21 of 51

I love the White Almond Sour Cream (WASC) make it often with raspberry filling.

I just made the Orange Dreamsicle Cake (my first one sunk in the middle - the 2nd time was fine - don't have a clue what I did wrong). I have it in the freezer now to be used shortly. I just don't know what kind of filling to use.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:05pm
post #22 of 51

Woo Hoo!!! Thanks mbt4955, I now have any flavor I would ever need to offer someone for their cake! I am doing the chocolate cake first, as a coworker has a birthday coming up and wants chocolate, chocolate, chocolate (her words).

yummy Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:11pm
post #23 of 51

Hi Noyhoward. How dare you keep us in suspense!?!? Inquiring minds want to know!!

cats242 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cats242 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:17pm
post #24 of 51

I've tried the orange dreamsicle, smores, tiramisu, lemon and have done my own subs for a white chocolate macadamia nut. Everything has been a huge hit so far...especially the smores and tiramisu. I've also done the cookies and cream from the google doc...which was also very good.

I tried the chocolate WASC and actually no one liked it here. Oh well...I guess everyone is different. icon_smile.gif I use a recipe out of Cake Dr. for my chocolate.

noyhoward Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:21pm
post #25 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy

Hi Noyhoward. How dare you keep us in suspense!?!? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Sorry I didn't realized that I didn't finish typing,I have a 2yr old & 3yr old screaming mommy so I can see them dancing lol,sorry.Anyway I'm a big MacsMom fan,I love her recipes.These are the ones that I get a lot of request on.I want to try more of her recipes.Can wait!

bakedbycody Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakedbycody Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:22pm
post #26 of 51

The cardamom flavor is a little hard to describe. I was a little wierd about it, because I have never had it before, and I had seen one recipe use 1 tablespoon and one recipe use 1 teaspoon so I wasnt sure how much to put in. I went with the teaspoon and it was perfect. The melted pistachio ice cream made it so moist. I actually made cupcakes so there was no filling. I frosted them with cream cheese frosting.

yummy Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:27pm
post #27 of 51

Would chocolate go well with the pistachio cardomom cake?

tiredmomx4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiredmomx4 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:28pm
post #28 of 51

I made the orange creamsicle cake yesterday and it was a big hit with everyone (I made it for parent council)

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:29pm
post #29 of 51

I have made the orange dreamsicle into cupcakes and iced them with dark chocolate ganache!! So yummy and everyone loved them.

I have made the red velvet also, but next time I would use Buttermilk for the liquid and add vinegar to the batter, I think those 2 ingredients is what make Red Velvet have a distinct taste - just my opinion but that's what I'm going to try next time. Seems most of the other recipes for red velvet contain those 2 ingredients! But even still it was a great yummy cake!!

noyhoward Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:35pm
post #30 of 51

For the orange dreamsicle I filled & frosted with bettercreme & it is very good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%