Sugar Shacks Icing

Decorating By memakim Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 4:00am by kellertur

memakim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
memakim Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 8

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how Sharon Zambito's icing tastes ?
I got her DVD'S in the mail Saturday and I love them. I ordered Sweetex Monday, and hope it get's here to use on Saturday.
I've always used half crisco and butter for my icing and everyone raves about the taste. How does Sharons taste? and does it work for flowers and borders?
Any help would be great !! icon_smile.gif

Kim

Kim's Kakes

7 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 8

thanks for the order!

u don't have top use my recipe. and if you want to, you can sub butter for some of the shortening with no problem!!

memakim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
memakim Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 12:45am
post #3 of 8

Thanks Sharon ! I'm going to try it your way once and see. I sure have learned alot, will have to get the topsy turvy one also, those cakes really intrique me ! I got an e-mail from the the bakers kitchen that they shipped my Steetex today. Wish I could by stuff like that around here. Thanks for your help !!

Kim

cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:06am
post #4 of 8

It tastes fantastic!!!! Especially if you use the Wedding Bouquet flavoring like she does...and that stuff smells like heaven. Mmmmmmmm icon_biggrin.gif And it is so easy to work with. I haven't ever made any flowers with it, but I can't imagine that it wouldn't work.

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:49am
post #5 of 8

FANTASTIC~ and not too sweet!! I love using it!!!! There is no comparison, in my opinion... it's completely tranformed my work, like magic!! (ok, I'm done cheerleading...)

Can anyone descripe wedding bouquet flavor? It sounds very floral. Is it natual or artifically flavored?

Thank you. icon_smile.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:55am
post #6 of 8

Thanks all!

WB is not floral. it is a perfect combo of many secret ingredients ( I do not know) but I can taste the almond, butter, vanilla and a hint of other yummies. No idea if natural or not. but u can call mis sandra and ask!

B & B Cake Decorating Supplies

1 review - Write a review

13096 Shannon Ln
Hammond, LA 70401

(985) 542-8079

Bonnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnell Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:58am
post #7 of 8

I just have just started using her recipe and I like it but I don't have the Wedding Bouquet flavoring. I use vanilla, butter and lemon flavoring to perk it up. With the last batch I made I used Italian Creme flavor coffee creamer and that tasted delish.

You will love the difference in your icing when you start using the HR shortening.

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:00am
post #8 of 8

Thank you Sharon. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%