Delivering Cakes?

Decorating By fruitsnack Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 8:07pm by indydebi

fruitsnack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fruitsnack Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 4

Do you deliver your cakes or have the customer pick them up?

How do you get them ready for transport? Put them in a box? Covered or uncovered?

I'm going to have to find whatever I need to transport the cakes at Walmart tonight . . . cake supply store is too far away for weekday trip - closes too early . . . any ideas for makeshift transport options?

3 replies
pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 4

I deliver all of my cakes, mainly because that's one of my selling points! But, I do a lot of 3D cakes, and I would rather deliver it than hand it over to someone to drive with. i don't know how they drive, and I prefer the cake makes it to the party icon_wink.gif

If it's a tall 3D cake, I just deliver it without a box. hubby drives and I hold the cake. Nobody has seemed to mind this, and I actually do bring a box for their leftovers.
Now, if it's a sheet cake or round single tier, I box it up and deliver it in the box.
Good luck, hope this helps!

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 4

If they pay for delivery, I deliver... if not, they pick up icon_smile.gif

How I package the cake varies... smaller cakes are in a standard cake box (sometimes with modifications if it's just a wee bit too tall). Larger cakes go in a regular cardboard shipping box, except I turn it on its end and slide the cake in that way (this way i don't need to do all that cutting and taping of the side of the box). Some very large and/or unusually shaped cakes don't get any box at all. They go right in the back of the truck as-is.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:07pm
post #4 of 4

I deliver tiered cakes within my delivery policy (otherwise, I deliver and you ARE paying a delivering fee).

I do NOT deliver sheets or simple birthday-type cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%