Wasc And Flavouring Question

Decorating By Mylittleflutterby Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 9:41pm by Rylan

Mylittleflutterby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mylittleflutterby Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 4

I have heard several mentions of the WASC and was wondering if there was one particular recipe that was the best for this?

The one that I found here that uses cake mixes among other ingredients.. do they all do this?

Finally, when you flavour this cake what do you use and do you sub things like alcohol and other flavourings for one of the ingredients or just add them.

Sorry to sound so clueless, but I am used to just baking the basic cakes and want to get into fancier flavours.

3 replies
Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 4

Try to look up the thread: "help! gourmet flavors" It is all about WASC....193 pages of it. Also, lots of recipes and people have been posting what they made and how it was.
There are 2 WASC versions, one with cake mix and one from scratch.

Hope that helps!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 4

There are endless possibilities when you start off the base of a WASC recipe. I prefer the original recipe. You can substitute water with coffee, orange juice, coffee creamers, etc. You can also use different kinds of cake mixes from red velvet to chocolate. You can also change and mix different extracts. You can also add melted chocolate, pudding and so on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%