Inserting Gerbera Daisies

Decorating By ColeAlayne Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 1:53pm by cylstrial

ColeAlayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ColeAlayne Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 4

I need to arrange fresh gerbera daisies on a 6" round topper for this weekend. What is the best way to do this?

3 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:16am
post #2 of 4

You can go and get those little white flower picks that you insert into the cake. They hold a tiny bit of water so that you can insert the flower into the pick and it will stand up or do whatever you want it to do. If you aren't sure how to arrange them, just play with them until you find a way you like them. You could also look at pictures or go into a flower shop and see what they have done. I did something similar last week. It was a 6 inch cake as well. Here's a pic.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1377294

ColeAlayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ColeAlayne Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks. I love that you made your own b-day cake icon_biggrin.gif The florist might actually arrange something but I'll check inot the flower picks. I was worried that the stems on the gerberas were too thick to fit.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 4

You could probably cut them at an angle to make them fit! And if the florist can arrange the flowers, that might just be easier on you. Good luck! Can't wait to see the pic!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%