Paddle Attachment?

Decorating By txsteph Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 4:54pm by txsteph

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 5

I am going to try Antonia74's Royal Icing & it states to use the paddle attachment for my mixer. I do not have a paddle attachment, only the beaters & dough hooks. Can I use the beaters instead? Will it make a big difference if I do? Should I go buy the paddle attachment before making the RI? I have only made BC & MFF before & I do not want to mess the RI up. Thanks

4 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 5

It's a thick icing before it's thinned out with water at the end, so avoid using the delicate whisks....that's all. The dough hook will be pretty useless.

What are your "beaters"? Wire whisks? icon_confused.gif

txsteph Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 5

The beaters ( as I call them ) are like whisks, but they are the sturdy ones for mixing cake batter or BC icing Not thin & do not bend.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 5

I'd go with the beaters then. They aren't ideal in that they are designed to aerate batter instead of blending like the paddles do, but they will work.

I'd definitely advise making the icing the night before you are going to use it, thin it out, cover the bowl with a well wrung-out wet tea towel and cover it with Saran wrap or a grocery bag overnight on the counter. When you come back to use it the next morning, it will have lost most of the air bubbles in it, making it a lot smoother and easier to work with. thumbs_up.gif

txsteph Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 5

Thank You so much Antonia!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%