Trees

Decorating By cupcakelady64 Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 10:06pm by tirby

cupcakelady64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakelady64 Posted 29 May 2009 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 11

I'm sure there are 1,000 conversations about this, but I need help now and can't find anything!

I need to know how to make trees!

I read somewhere about pretzels for the trunk, so if anyone can help me, please!!!

10 replies
Christina222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina222 Posted 29 May 2009 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 11

I made a tree with chocolate. I had to let it cool enough so it would keep the shape of the star tip, then I piped it onto wax paper while it got hard, then flipped it over, put a lollipop stick (so I could stick that into the cake) and piped another layer on the back. then when it was all dry and hard, i piped buttercream leaves on it. Came out good.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:00am
post #3 of 11

I made a tree trunk on my 2nd fondant cake. It looked realistic close up. If you are going to do it, mold it from RKT and then cover it with fondant, making the roots, ets--you can also add texture. I then pour it with melted chocolate and paint the missed parts with chocolate.

Good luck.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:07am
post #4 of 11

I do little buttercream trees with pretzel sticks...I stick one in the cake and then pipe little tip 16 pull out stars around it and on top.

I guess you could use pretzel rods and a bigger tip for larger trees.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:17am
post #5 of 11

You can also use cornflakes mixed with melted chocolate and painted green or invert an ice cream cone then pipe the leaves.

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:30am
post #6 of 11

I used pretzels to make palm trees for a junle cake. I just piped bc icing on top of pretzel and down a little to make a full look of leaves. Also have used ice cream cones.

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 9:04pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by txnonnie

I used pretzels to make palm trees for a junle cake. I just piped bc icing on top of pretzel and down a little to make a full look of leaves. Also have used ice cream cones.

Quick question do the pretzels get soggy if put in the day before or morning of an evening event

juliebold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juliebold Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 9:17pm
post #8 of 11

Just this past weekend I made trees using modeling chocolat. It really comes out nice. I put a lollipop stick in the bottom of it so I could put in the cake. The receipe is here on cake central. I also made logs with branches to lay on the cake. Really easy to make and work with.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 9:18pm
post #9 of 11

On my golf cake, http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1418029 I used sugar cones turned upside down then piped #16 tip pull out stars. icon_smile.gif

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 9:24pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by txnonnie

Quick question do the pretzels get soggy if put in the day before or morning of an evening event

Mine did not. I put them in styrofaom to dry and put on the cake the day of the party.

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 10:06pm
post #11 of 11

I am asking about timing because I actually made trees today Pine Trees. using a leaf tip (well one of them) and The party is tomorrow night. So thanks for the info

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%