Edible Printer Not Working....please Help!!

Decorating By Iva1976 Updated 29 May 2009 , 5:16pm by MichelleM77

Iva1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iva1976 Posted 29 May 2009 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 12

I have a canon printer and edible ink cartridges with the chip. I tried printing the other day and I realized that I ran out of ink. Instead of rebuying the cartridges I purchased the refills. I filled the cartridges but its not really printing. The only color it prints is pink and its very light. Has anyone ever had this issue? Please help me icon_cry.gif I have an order due next week that requires edible images....

11 replies
Iva1976 Posted 29 May 2009 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 12

Anyone??

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 12

Sorry, I don't have an edible image printer (but I want one really badly!) and you probably already tried this....but it sounds like the printer heads may be clogged or dirty.

Wish I could be of more help. I am interested to see what others might have to say for future reference. icon_biggrin.gif

Kim

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:00pm
post #4 of 12

Do you have the chip resetter? When you refill the cartridges you need to reset the chips.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:10pm
post #5 of 12

I have a Cannon also and use KK. I had the same problem a few weeks ago after I refilled them (very messy btw). I printed the first image and some of the colors also didn't work. After 2 more tries, it all worked fine. I don't know what is was but maybe it just took a while for the ink to wind its way thru. Try printing some small images (so as not to use too much of the expensive ink) HTH

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 12

Give KopyKake a call, if that's where you ordered supplies. Their tech support guys are quick to respond.

pattycakesnj Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:13pm
post #7 of 12

Also, just remembered that about 6 months ago, the black wasn't working even though there was plenty of ink. I called Cannon (didn't tell them I was using edible ink) and they were great and walked me thru a bunch of steps. After that didn't work, they sent me a new print head free of charge and I got it the next day. Maybe try Cannon directly if my other suggestion doesn't work

Iva1976 Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:13pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks for helping me icon_biggrin.gif I purchased my ink cartridges from icing images and it doesn't say anything about that on the site. I could be wrong though, this is what I ordered the top 2 items in the link below:

http://www.icingimages.com/systems.php?link=3&info=14b234b576d5633573a7a6

Should I contact them about the chip resseter?

pattycakesnj Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:16pm
post #9 of 12

I don't think the chips have anything to do with KK or icing images. Chips are part of the Cannon cartridges and when I refilled them, I just put the cartridges back in but make sure all the chips are on as they do tend to fall off.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:19pm
post #10 of 12

Call icining images and see what they say. I'm just gong by what kopykake says about the chips. If they don't need to be reset why do they have chip resetters?

Iva1976 Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:20pm
post #11 of 12

I was thinking about that pattycakesnj, maybe I have to wait a little while.....I'm so impatient!! icon_lol.gif

Thanks for helping everyone!! icon_biggrin.gif If that doesn't work i'll try all of your suggestions.....Wish me luck, I need it icon_smile.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 29 May 2009 , 5:16pm
post #12 of 12

KK said the chip resetter is only for a certain Epson brand, I thought, not all printers. I'm sure icing images has a tech/customer support person too. Fingers crossed that it works out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%