Jewels Centers For Gerber Daisies

Decorating By underthesun Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 6:02pm by RomesGal

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 27 May 2009 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 5

I'm hoping to get a few ideas.... I'm making a 3 tier cake with gerber daisy border on each tier. The theme is "bling" and I would like to use a center for the daisies that look similar to jewels. Daisies will be alternating fusia and silver. I have found pink edible diamonds which will work for silver daisy centers, but can't find silver diamonds for fusia daisies.

Read on a site about using edible silver (I assume luster dust??) on the back of clear diamonds. Anyone ever used an edible silver on back of something to show through??

Any other ideas I might use for the centers??

Thanks for any help!

4 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 27 May 2009 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 5

what if you used edible glitter and completely covered the center of the flower with it? sorry but I don't have any advice on the edbils diamonds as I've never used them

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:17pm
post #3 of 5

I have been investigating isomalt gems, which I think are suppose to hold up to humidity??

I found these for sale on the internet (fairly expensive), but I noticed sugarcraft sells a gem mold and has a recipe using edible glitter and isomalt. Seems real easy, but since I have less than 2 weeks, I don't want to have to experiment, once my order arrives.

Anyone ever made these gems?? Any success stories?

Moniquea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moniquea Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 5

Bump.

I'm interested in edible jewels as well. The site where they were sold has been blocked so if you can pm me with it I would love it icon_biggrin.gif

RomesGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RomesGal Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 6:02pm
post #5 of 5

oooooh btt......I too am interested.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%