Good Story, Ha Ha

Decorating By emccle Updated 27 May 2009 , 8:34pm by Deb_

emccle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emccle Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 5

I've posted before about the cheap people that I work with, who actually complained when I didn't bring in a free practice cake one week, and who always bid low on my silent auction cakes for Relay for Life. One guy that I work with always makes his signature cheesecake (complete with raspberry Grand Marnier sauce) for the auction. Well, this Thursday is our annual carry-in, and someone asked him on Tuesday afternoon if he would make his cheesecake. (The person that asked will probably stop at Wal-Mart and buy a tub of potato salad for the carry-in). In an email, he politely replied that there was no time to make a cheesecake like that by Thursday morning, but he graciously supplied the recipes and all the steps involved (including water bath, etc. ) in case anyone else wanted to make it. I had to laugh! They think we just whip these cakes out in an hour (it's just cheese and sugar, right? icon_lol.gif ) They have no clue........

4 replies
bebea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bebea Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 5

good for him!

en-passant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
en-passant Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 5

He's my hero.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 5

I want to hug that guy.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 27 May 2009 , 8:34pm
post #5 of 5

That's perfect, I'll have to remember that for the future! Give him a pat on the back from all of us thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%