Huge Time-Saver

Baking By shiney Updated 27 May 2009 , 5:43pm by idjitmom

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 27 May 2009 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 3

I don't remember who gave me this tip, but I'd like to say a big thanks and pass it on. We all know the fun in doing cookies is the decorating! it got to where I was like that man on the Dunkin' Donuts commercial a while back, 'It's time to make the *donuts" (*insert cookies here) So I took some CC advice and every time I make a batch, I actually do three double batches. Hey, the KA is already in use, keep 'er going, and use up a carton of eggs! Then I put into ziplok bags and into freezer. So when I have last-minute cookies, I have the dough, and I also have RBC in the freezer

Frozen dough, it's a good thing thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 3

That's what i do when i bake any type of cookie (chocolate chip, sugar, roll out, oatmeal). I just double the recipe so that i can freeze them to have on hand.
It's definately a good tip!!
Which RBC do you use and freeze, shiney?

idjitmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idjitmom Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 3

I do this sometime too, but I scoop the cookie out, freeze them on a cookie sheet (just making sure they're not touching so they don't freeze together), then take the frozen balls & put them in a ziplock. It saves a step when it comes time to bake them, you can do any amount you want, & I've even popped them into the oven still frozen - they need an extra minute or two of baking time, but they come out great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%