Does Anyone Use A Different Tip Other Than 230 To Fill?

Baking By snowflake12 Updated 30 May 2009 , 4:02pm by cylstrial

snowflake12 Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:00pm
post #1 of 5

What tip do you use to fill your cupcakes? I have been using #230, but I'm just not that impressed with it anymore. If my filling is too thick, it's next to impossible to fill. And usually even when it's thin enough, I still only get a small amount in the cupcake. I have started making three holes, but was wondering if people used other tips.

I do know about the apple corer trick, and haven't tried it yet.

This past weekend was my son's birthday, and my buttercream I was using for filling was WAY too thick. (It was also 11 at night when I was trying to finish these up for the next day). I got frustrated with #230, and tried using one of the normal circle tips. It worked pretty well actually. I want to say it was either #8 or #10. Whichever one is longer.

So just wondering if you use a different tip other than #230 to fill your cupcakes.

4 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 27 May 2009 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 5

Your tip is too long for your icing. I only use the bismarck tip when I fill a Wonderpan cake - like a Barbie cake.

I don't make cuppies often, but I normally use a 20 open star tip for regular sized ones, and the 32 for jumbos.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

snowflake12 Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you Theresa.

coffeecake Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 5

I use a round #12 for cupcakes (regular size) and finds it works well.

cylstrial Posted 30 May 2009 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 5
Originally Posted by coffeecake

I use a round #12 for cupcakes (regular size) and finds it works well.

I use a 12 as well for the regular. For a jumbo, I use a 1D.

Quote by @%username% on %date%