Help With Idea On How To Stand Castle Turreds/towers

Decorating By ayerim979 Updated 27 May 2009 , 6:24am by Madiken

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:14am
post #1 of 2

I was wondering if someone can help me with the towers on a castle. Browsing thrue all the great pictures here some say that they have used Rice Krispy Treats, now my question is

Will they hold up or become too mushy in the heat?

Do you ladies make your own RKT or buy premade ones?

Also some ladies also say the used paper towel rolls for the turreds/towers, what makes them sturdy enough for them to stay up and not tip over?

Also some of the towers seem to be sitting directly on the cake board what do you do to insure that they wont tip over?

I understand about maybe putting a dowel in the middle but it still wont be sucure with anything or do you push it all the way thrue the board?

Anyhow I would really appreciate some help , this cake is for this upcoming Saturday

Well thank you ladies .

1 reply
Madiken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Madiken Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:24am
post #2 of 2

I used the wilton romantic castle set so I'm not sure about the rkt or the paper towel rolls. However, I made my turrets stand up on the board by glueing them down. Of course, I made sure that the glue was on the side of the turret facing away from the cake so as to not contaminate the cake. I have heard of others using melted chocolate to hold the turrets though. I think that is a great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%