Smaller Batch Of Sugar Shack Icing

Decorating By MAMABEEYATCH Updated 27 May 2009 , 8:04pm by RetiredNavyChief

MAMABEEYATCH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MAMABEEYATCH Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 4

I only recently heard of the sugar shack icing, and I can only find recipes for like 6qt. I only do this on the side for family and friends so I don't have a large mixer and was wondering if anyone has the recipe broke down into smaller batches. I also would like to know how much you think I would need for a full sheet cake with a decorated batman wilton on top? Thank you I need it quick...lol

3 replies
Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 4

This batch is smaller, I hope it can help you thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Maybe if you PM Sharon she can give you more detalil, maybe you can half the recipe? If you find out please let us know I would like to know too. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

kbgieger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbgieger Posted 26 May 2009 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 4

Here's the scaled down version for the 4 1/2 qt. Kitchenaid. I originally got this from pjaycakes. I've added my notes about weight and flavorings I like to use as well as my shorthand version of the mixing directions!

Sugarshacks Buttercream for 4.5 quart Kitchenaid

4 ½ cups hi-ratio shortening (2 lbs, .54 oz by weight)
4 lbs powdered sugar
4 tbsp flavoring (2 vanilla, 1 butter/vanilla, 1 crème bouquet)
2 tsp salt
12 tbsp coffee creamer mixture

Mix shortening with warm coffee creamer mixture and flavorings. Add 4 cups of sugar and salt. Then stream in remaining sugar. Mix at speed 6 until ready.

HTH,
Karen

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 27 May 2009 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 4

Thats the way i have done mine in my 4 1/2 quart, maybe alittle more coffiee creamer mixture. I dont use the boquet flavoring. Just put the towel over your blender and you wont have such a mess and little air gets in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%