How To Make Cabbage Rose/peony Gumpaste Flower?

Decorating By vasmg Updated 6 Feb 2013 , 5:33am by clarita62

hollyh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyh Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:42pm
post #31 of 37

Has anyone made peonies without the peonie cutter set? I would like to make some this weekend but I don't have time to order the cutter set. Thanks!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:17pm
post #32 of 37

Not me..I guess it can be faked with a rose petal cutter, but I have never tried it.
Edna icon_smile.gif

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:34pm
post #33 of 37

Thanks Artscallion for posting the link to the Cakes by Design flower instructions. thumbs_up.gif

savethedate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savethedate Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 10:01pm
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasmg

I'm working on a cake for a customer that wants one styled after the attached file. It has peonies (she called them cabbage roses) on it. Does anyone know where to find instructions on how to make these? They definately have a more cabbage look than a normal rose.

Thanks,
Sharon

Hey Sharon hopefully this link appears I'm not really good at this so here goes. I was searching for instructions on how to make a gumpaste peony googled and came across this: Ok it was blocked so I'll tell you what I googled: Buddy valastro + gumpaste peony. Wonderful instructions w/pics

Hope this helps and I hope it's not too late. I noticed the post started in May icon_eek.gif

Carlingas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlingas Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 1:36am
post #35 of 37

Here's the link for Buddy's peony instructions:

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/misc/lessons/peony.htm

They are good!!!!

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 6:09am
post #36 of 37

Vasmg here is a link to the CC gallery where Nunuk did this cake. Maybe she can be of some help with the flower.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1412875

clarita62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clarita62 Posted 6 Feb 2013 , 5:33am
post #37 of 37

craftsy has a class that teaches you how to make peonys or you can even look on youtube

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%