What's Your Best Vanilla Cupcake Recipe?

Baking By babyhugs Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 9:16pm by cakelass

cakelass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelass Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:31am
post #31 of 35

OK Update on the "Best Vanilla Cupcake recipe...ever" I had three ladies come over the see me regarding an order. So i gave them a cupcake and they absolutely loved them (uniced). Then my little boy had one as well and said they were the nicest cupcakes he had tried. So maybe I am a bit too fussy??

KKristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKristy Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 11:42am
post #32 of 35

cakelass,
What is the texture and taste like now ? Fluffy or dense?

cakelass Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 12:45pm
post #33 of 35

THe texture is nice and smooth and doesn't crumble as much as other cakes do. It tastes quite moist. It is sweet and you can taste the beautiful vanilla flavour. Now all this said I have left these cupcakes uniced andd they taste pretty good. ( Gee I am starting to feel like a food critic!!!)

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:04pm
post #34 of 35

I am always looking for that perfect vanilla cupcake too! Everyone seems to like The Golden Vanilla Cupcakes in the Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World but they are dense so they wouldn't be the fluffy ones you are looking for. They also taste better the next day.
I am going to try The Best Vanilla Cupcake when I have time. It might be the one!! Every time I bake with butter mine dry out too fast. They are tasty but if you are baking a large amount for someone else you may not get them to them for a day or so and they would be too dry by then.

cakelass Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 9:16pm
post #35 of 35

Yes, I agree with cupcakes if I have a large order they are always cooked a day or two before so they can be decorated.
Also another interesting thing that I noted was that I have always have a problem with the wrappers peeling off with the past recipes I have used. I follow all the guidelines etc but it always happens to my bite size cupcakes only.
With this recipe I made a few bite size ones and the wrappers did not peel off. I am wondering now if omitting butter from the recipe is the reason? I am coming to this conclusion because I made a chocolate recipe also with oil and had no problem with them either.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%