Cheesecake Flavoring Question

Decorating By lorrieg Updated 24 May 2009 , 9:01pm by lorrieg

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, I'm making Sugarshack's icing this week for a cake on the weekend. It's carrot cake and going to be sitting all day in a coolish room but I didn't want to use real cream cheese icing.

I bought some Lorann Cheesecake flavor in a 1 oz bottle and was wondering if anyone know how much I should use. Does it take the place of regular flavorings? Like 1 tbsp vanilla = 1tbsp lorann? It says it's concentrated but not how much.

I cannot abide the smell of cheesecake so I'm not even going to sniff the stuff in the bottle. I've been told it's amazing. It cost a small fortune and I don't know if I can get another asap so I don't want to mess it up.

Anyone? icon_confused.gif

2 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 24 May 2009 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 3

The Lorann oil are 1 dram and that equals 1 tsp. Some of the flavors are stronger than others. I haven't tried the cheesecake flavor yet; but I think you should use the whole bottle since your going for a cream cheese flavor bc. Smell it in the bottle (I know you can do it I have faith in you) that flavor should not be as strong as others IMO. I hope that helps you out. Good luck.

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 24 May 2009 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 3

Noooo, please don't make me smell it. icon_razz.gif This is not the tiny bottle it's the full 1 oz. size. So I'll measure it like the tiny bottles. And see if I can recruit someone from here to test it. Bleck.

Okay, I sniffed it. It kind of smells like buttavan or creme royal. Oh well the recipient liked the smell so I'll just add a dram at a time. I'd hate to ruin the taste of the carrot/pineapple cake!

Thanks, Lorrie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%