Ideas For Graduate Cake

Decorating By Jocmom Updated 24 May 2009 , 3:11pm by Jocmom

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 23 May 2009 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 6

My youngest son is graduating from high school in a couple weeks. I'm trying to think of a good cake design for his graduation open house.

He loves cars, so I thought about using the Wilton "cruiser" cake pan, and could put that cake on top of a sheet cake. He and his friends are always tinkering with cars, so I might even prop the car cake up and have legs sticking out from under the car. I even have chocolate molds that are shapped like tools that I could add, but I'm lost as to how I can make this all tie in to his graduation.

Any thoughts?

5 replies
Jocmom Posted 23 May 2009 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 6

No one???

Maybe I'll scrap that idea and make something traditional.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 23 May 2009 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 6

what are his after HS plans?

college?
military?

could do a variation on the "just married" car concept.

have him in car -- and it packed to overflowing and even dragging stuff behind --- for his next adventure in life.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 23 May 2009 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 6

No, if he likes working on cars, this sounds great. To tie it into graduation, you could have the legs sticking out from under the car and maybe have a cap and gown and diploma lying off to the side, as if he came home from grad, tossed off his stuff and got right to work.

Jocmom Posted 23 May 2009 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 6

That actually sounds like something he would do. Thanks!

Jocmom Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 6

Your idea sounds good too, Doug. He wants to design cars. We live near Detroit - so the "big 3" automakers have had a great influence on his life. Because the auto industry is suffering in this economy, he's going to spend his first year of college at a local business school - getting all of the basic classes out of the way. He's attending a private college that has more focus on engineering the following year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%