Need Graduation Suggestions

Decorating By ShortcakesSweets Updated 22 May 2009 , 6:10pm by BabeyCakey

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 22 May 2009 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 6

The graduation cakes I've done so far I've used the mortar board and "diploma," but I'm getting a little tired of that design.
I have an order due Sunday for Graduates Day at our church and I'm doing a mini dessert bar. We have 1 graduate this year ~ the school colors are red and black. So far I'm doing a Devils Food Sheet Cake, Red Velvet Cupcakes decorated with mini mortar boards. I would love to do some petit fours and would greatly appreciate suggestions on how to decorate them with something other than the cap and diploma, but keeping the graduate theme going.
Thanks so much!!

5 replies
wakeandbake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wakeandbake Posted 22 May 2009 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 6

i did one for a friend of mine a few days ago and i didn't have enough time to do the cap and diploma so i just made the school's logo and motto and then added a few gumpaste roses. i thought about doing the coat of arms but i didn't have enough time for that either.

BabeyCakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabeyCakey Posted 22 May 2009 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 6

Petit fours would make perfect little books - and maybe you could decorate them with the school mascot or just simply put "Class of 2009."

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 22 May 2009 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 6

Put mini grad hats on top of the petit fours. They are made with mini reece cups topped with "After Eight Mints", and a chocolate chip morsel.

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 22 May 2009 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 6

I made some mini grad hats to go on top of Red Velvet Cupcakes. I used the mini Reese cups and instead of the mints I got graham crackers and broke them in half (made a perfect square) and dipped them in chocolate.

I'm really liking the school logo and the petit four books ideas.

Thanks soooo much, everyone!!

BabeyCakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabeyCakey Posted 22 May 2009 , 6:10pm
post #6 of 6

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%