Credit Card Fraud! I'm So Mad. - Long Rant

Lounge By cakecrazy09 Updated 21 May 2009 , 12:22pm by Jayde

cakecrazy09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrazy09 Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:59am
post #1 of 4

icon_mad.gif To start off with I'm mad at myself because I don't check my accounts often enough. Tonight I went online to check on my checking account and 6 charges were made on my account yesterday. These were all international charges. One charge for 83.00 and the rest under 2.00. I started looking back over my statements and I have had small charges (under 10) taken out since 3/23. Grand total over 300.00 in international charges. I'm even madder at myself for not checking more oftern because this is not the first time this has happend to me. It happend about 5 years ago. After that time I opened a checking account for online charges and my hobby spending money. I don't keep more than 300.00 in the account at a time. Just makes me mad people do stuff like this. Thanks for listening I just needed to vent.

3 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:43am
post #2 of 4

My mom had the same thing! People nowadays would do anything to get money. They will get their Karma. Just make sure to speak to you bank and maybe they can fix things for you.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:04pm
post #3 of 4

You need to close the account and file a police report.

I had a problem with my checking account before...someone stole my rent check from the night drop, printed more checks, got DH's drivers license number (wasn't on the check), made a phony drivers license, and then went all over the state writing hot checks and stealing others' info, while using my husband's identity. The paperwork we had...police reports, bank records, forgery affadavits...was all that kept them from taking my husband to jail once, when the state's anti-terrorism cops showed up at our door. We still get collection letters, but at least he hasn't had a warrant pop up in about a year.

Needless to say, we don't write checks anymore. I have a hard time even putting our money in the bank because it seems more vulnerable there than hidden in my house. Anyhow, make a police report and then get a copy of it (your local cops can tell you where you can get a copy, it's not an instant thing), in case anything further comes of it.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:22pm
post #4 of 4

Texas thats a beautiful cookie bouquet!

I just had to call my credit card company and dispute charges yesterday. An online gaming company has been charging $30 a month to my EXPIRED credit card! I never recieved a new credit card for that account, and the last authorized charge was 1/09, which was the month it expired.

I decided that I wanted to eliminate my credit card debt, so I asked them NOT to send me another card when this one expired. The gaming company continued to put monthly charges on my credit card from Feb. to Apr. when I finally caught what was going on. The credit card company was actually really great, they took the charges right off, and said it shouldnt have happened, that they shouldnt be able to use an expired card to make charges.

How freakin scary is that?? An expired card!! Make sure you all cancel dormant accounts and shred expired cards, because apparently you can still use them to charge things, I had no clue....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%