For Those Of You With A Doboard...

Baking By Redlotusninjagrl Updated 21 May 2009 , 9:13pm by cylstrial

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 20 May 2009 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 9

Does the wood butt up on all sides? I had the impression that since you could roll out something 15x15 that there would be no gaps between the board and edge so I was surprised to see like 1/8 inch gap. In that gap, I can see part of the rail where it looks like it should have been the same length as of the wood. That could be why there is a gap. The rail looks too long or the wood not long enough. Also, the sides are a little off as in slightly too far apart. It was very hard to change positions as the rail kept wanting to go to a different slot, making it uneven. That is just an annoyance that I could live with as I wouldn't change it often. But that gap... Does your wood butt up on each side or do you have a slight gap too? I just want to be sure it is not defective. I am not sure I want to keep it either way. Of course, I might just be a little extra picky! Thanks in advance! icon_smile.gif

8 replies
cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:35am
post #2 of 9

I had to return the first DoBoard I received, on one side the wood was not routed right and the guide rail was misaligned. The second one I received was fine and I use every time I make cookies.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:39am
post #3 of 9

Mine fits pretty good all the way around. But it's kinda hard to be sure I got it all lined up on the same rails jsut right. But it fits good. You have it all the way screwed in I'm sure.

Redlotusninjagrl Posted 21 May 2009 , 1:08am
post #4 of 9

Hmmmm.... I have the screws in nice and tight and can still see my countertops through that gap. It just seems like it is wrong. And it is not tight around all sides. I think I will call tomorrow for a replacement. Thanks!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 May 2009 , 1:18am
post #5 of 9

Can you take it out and give it a quarter turn? Does it fit better that way??

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:03pm
post #6 of 9

Hmmmm...doesn't sound like my DoBord at all! No gaps whatsoever.

Redlotusninjagrl Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:51pm
post #7 of 9

I have tried turning it thinking maybe there was a notch in the other side for the excess rail. Nope. From the picture and what others here have said, it should be a pretty good fit, but it just doesn't seem to be. I am calling this afternoon. It was just too expensive to have these kind of problems. Thanks for your input guys!

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:58pm
post #8 of 9

what is a do board??? dunce.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 May 2009 , 9:13pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerjo

what is a do board??? dunce.gif

It's a wooden board that allows you to roll your dough out evenly. Here is the link. As soon as you see the picture, you'll understand.

http://www.kitchenfriendly.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%