Fillings And Sitting Out

Decorating By MAW137 Updated 20 May 2009 , 9:13pm by MAW137

MAW137 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MAW137 Posted 20 May 2009 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a large 4 tier cake. Can I torte and fill the layers on a Thurs. for a party Sat night and leave it out? I will cover cake w/ MMF on Friday. I don't have all day Fri and Sat to work on this cake. I am also using a butter cream that cannot be refrigerated so it has to stay out of the frig. Any help would be great

3 replies
mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 20 May 2009 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 4

My question would be what kind of filling are you using? I think that you would be fine as long as your filling doesn't have to be refrigerated. Try this thread and see if it helps - As my boss loves to say, it is the same, but different. icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=628690&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 20 May 2009 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 4

I do the same way you have mentioned. Torte and fill on thursday night and cover it and decorate it friday. If the filling you are using doesn't need to be refigerated, then its absolutely fine! icon_smile.gif

MAW137 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MAW137 Posted 20 May 2009 , 9:13pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much. The fillings I found on CC I wan to use need to be refrigerated so those at out. I will use jam, bc and sleeve fillings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%