Silver Frosting?

Decorating By hultgrenm Updated 20 May 2009 , 11:30pm by sadsmile

hultgrenm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hultgrenm Posted 19 May 2009 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 7

I am making a cake and was planning on using the Color Mist sprays to decorate with. I need a silver one though. I cannot find one, it looks like they have black and that's it. Any ideas?

6 replies
CakesDownTheFamilyLine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesDownTheFamilyLine Posted 19 May 2009 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 7

here is the link

http://www.pastrychef.com/LUSTER-COLOR-SPRAYS--EDIBLE_p_1497.html

I never tried it but I guess this has to be good its a profesional site!!!

Hope it helps icon_lol.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 19 May 2009 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 7

what are you doing? Accents, fondant or buttercream? How shiny or chrome like does it need to be?

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 19 May 2009 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 7

I used the black color mist...once and it was a mess. It was more of a streaky grey! For covering the cake withe silver I start with grey icing and spray with PME lustre spray in pearl. For doing small pieces I used a mixture of nu-silver and super pearl luster dust mixed with vodka and paint it on.

CakesDownTheFamilyLine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesDownTheFamilyLine Posted 19 May 2009 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 7

By the way, If the pearl one is not the one you like I suggest you also buy the dark blue if you want the silver to be dark and baby blue if you want it a little more darker. You can spray a very light coat of either of the blue on your choice and add the pearl untill you get the color you want!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

hultgrenm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hultgrenm Posted 20 May 2009 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 7

I am making blue and silver flames on buttercream frosting. So I like the pearl mist idea, I could alternate between the blues and do the pearl on top of some of the blue flames.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 20 May 2009 , 11:30pm
post #7 of 7

you could cut out a template in the shape of your flames and hold it on the cake and then spray the mist to avoid over spray.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%