I Hate Lazy Parents!!!!

Lounge By Karema Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 2:07pm by MissCathcart

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 5:20pm
post #31 of 40

Ok so you are here because of what? The title of the post was I hate LAZY parents. I'm not talking about parents who are trying their hardest and you spoke about some of those parents that have two jobs. They are trying! She is not trying at all! So you are proving my point. I'm just saying that she is pointing the finger at everyone around her of why her son is doing bad but not at herself. That is what this thread is about. She would rather her child wore girl boots to school than get a job to buy him some. She would rather her mother buy him clothes or just have stuff that is too small. I'm talking about a parent that refuses to do for her child and provide his basic needs. You don't know the whole story so don't judge me. You don't know that my husband and I took this child in to help her get on her feet then she turns around and gets pregnant while we have him. You don't know what we have sacrificed to help her and she just sits there! So don't go pointing in fingers at me because I have helped. We have brought him school clothes. We have taken him for hair cuts. We have taken him out to eat and to the movies and let him be a kid instead of yelling at him all day like she does. We do care and enough is enough!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 7:42pm
post #32 of 40

Of course some kids will never be brilliant, but not trying to bring out the best in your child (I don't mean pressure) is neglect. You can accept help from the "village", but it's not the village's responsibility.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 8:48pm
post #33 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_for_fun

Of course some kids will never be brilliant, but not trying to bring out the best in your child (I don't mean pressure) is neglect. You can accept help from the "village", but it's not the village's responsibility.

Amen!

merrywood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
merrywood Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 10:12pm
post #34 of 40

My mom taught me how to read when I was four. That was the end of her involvement in my education. I cannot remember a time when she asked me if I had homework, helped me with my homework, volunteered at school or any of the things you're talking about. It was my responsibility to do my work - if i didn't do it, I got in trouble with my teacher. So I did my work. My parents expected me to get good grades, and I did. It wouldn't have occurred to them that they were supposed to be involved. They were wonderful parents and made sure we were all fed, clothed and loved, but it wasn't their responsibility to hover over me to make sure I got my school work done. This was in the 60's.

How times have changed! Thanks Mom and Dad for teaching me self-reliance and self-discipline! Thanks for teaching me that hard work pays off and laziness has consequences!

Karema Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 1:41am
post #35 of 40

I love when people create a new name just to make a comment they can't make under their real name. If they are newbies I love how their first comment is them being sarcastic! I guess we all have our own view of parenting and that's that. My mom came to the school to volunteer and was on the PTA. She checked my homework every night and made sure that I corrected any mistakes. She also talked to me about what I was learning and filled in the gaps of the things I wasn't taught. I know for a fact that the school is not teaching my daughter everything I learned and teaching styles have changed. Most schools don't even teach phonics and I believe in learning phonics because that is how I learned. So I make sure I fill in the gap and teach it to my children. Most schools now just teach sight words and expect kids just to memorize words. I believe in starting with sounds. That is why my daughter is ahead of her class and almost reading and can spell!

merrywood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
merrywood Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 2:14am
post #36 of 40

Your perfection and that of your daughter is a shining example to us all. I have been on here for a long time, just never posted anything. Oh, I forgot - you know EVERYTHING! Don't bother replying - I won't be back.

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:10am
post #37 of 40

I'm not sure what that was all about, but maybe it's over now?

Karema, I'm sorry for whatever reason, some people have taken offense at the idea that we need to be parents who aren't neglectful. Parenting styles can differ, but neglect is never okay. Thanks for caring about these little ones.

Karema Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:33pm
post #38 of 40

Ok this is getting to crazy for me. I started a post about parents that don't take care of their children and their educational needs and I get all this backlash from people on here about how their parents didnt help them and they turned out fine. I don't really care how they turned out I care about the kids that need more NOW! I'm talking about parents who sit at home all day watching tv, on line don't do any housework and just sit down all day. Then try to send their kids to programs to help them with homework while they sit home all day then when the kids do get home just throw them some hotdogs and say goodnight. That is not parenting. That is being LAZY! So if that is not you or your parents why are you taking offense to it? Makes me wonder if I hit a few nerves and hit to close to home with some people! Maybe I hit the nail on the head. Well good for me thumbs_up.gif

MustloveDogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustloveDogs Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 10:18am
post #39 of 40
Quote:
Quote:

I have been on here for a long time, just never posted anything. Oh, I forgot - you know EVERYTHING! Don't bother replying - I won't be back.

Well there you are wrong. I hardly ever post anymore because of nasty people such as you merrywood, but am on Cake central regularly and my status reflects the frequency that I am here so that does not explain your "newbie" status then does it.
thumbsdown.gif

Bad form indeed.

MissCathcart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCathcart Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 2:07pm
post #40 of 40

Karema - Hip, hip hooray!

I like that your avatar is you.

If I can get duct tape for my sagging neck, and spackle for my wrinkles I might be brave enough to show my picture too. It would be fun if we could see what all the members look like.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%