How Do I Search?

Decorating By missyd4e Updated 18 May 2009 , 7:39pm by icer101

missyd4e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyd4e Posted 18 May 2009 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 4

I have been trying to search in this forum on how to flavor bought fondant, but I can't seem to find anything. I know there has to be some post somewhere on this. I go to home and under the search square is where I have been typing in my search, but I don't get anything related to flavoring fondant. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you.

3 replies
Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 18 May 2009 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 4

You're not doing anything wrong. I just tried wording it differently and didn't get any results either.

As for flavoring fondant, I usually add extract and knead it in. Then I taste it to see if it's where I want it. If not, add more and knead away. It will get a bit sticky, so have some PS or cornstarch on hand to add in.

Hope this helps some. Good Luck!

taygetta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taygetta Posted 18 May 2009 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 4

Try unsweetened Kool-Aid (ie: the packets) and knead it in. Cakepro told me that one and I tried it and although it does color it whatever color the Kool-Aid is it is delicious! You might try the invisible kool-aid they have out right now, if you don't want it to be a color. HTH!
Deanna

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 18 May 2009 , 7:39pm
post #4 of 4

also, lots of people use the candy flavor oils.. earlene moore mentions this on earlenscakes.com.... hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%